We talk a lot about the benefits of going gluten free and the first question we get asked is, what do I replace it with? One of our top answers is the delicious and underrated Chickpea Flatbread which you can make in under 5 minutes.
Benefits of chickpea flat
- It is a perfect Gluten free and low carbs alternative to bread.
- Chickpea is rich in proteins , a cup of chickpeas flour contain around 21 g of proteins
- It is high in fibre, which helps regulate bowel movement, maintains a healthy GUT flora and supports liver detoxification
- It is bursting with Essential nutrients such as folate ( Folate is important in pregnancy and for an healthy methylation), copper and iron necessary for forming red blood cell
- It is rich in antioxidants such as polyphenols that have been shown to decrease free radical, reduce body inflammation and also have antimicrobial properties.
Ingredients (serves 4):
🥣 1/2 c chickpea flour
🥣 1 tsp baking paper
🥣 1 tbl tapioca four
🥣 pinch of salt
🥣 2/3 c warm water
🥣 Spices of choice (try turmeric, curry powder, cardamom or cayenne pepper)
(🥣Add grated vegetables in the mix to increase the nutritional content of the flatbread)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Add water to the dry mix and whisk well (consistency should be similar to pancake mix)
- Add to a heated fry pan a teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil
- Pour batter into the pan for a few minutes until it starts to bubble, flip and repeat