Homemade protein bars are a great snack option, however understandably, not everyone has the want nor need to make their own. So if that is you, head to this blog which goes through what to look for in a protein bar, my top protein bar choices, and what to avoid!
For those who love some homemade goodness, this recipe is for you!
You will need:
– 1/4 cup tahini
– 1/4 cup peanut butter
– 2 tablespoons of coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 1/2 cup collagen powder
– 1 teaspoon of pure monk fruit
– 1/4 cup blanched almond meal
– 2 tablespoons coconut flour
– A pinch of flaky salt
– 100g bar of dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Line a small container with baking paper/use a silicon mould.
2. In one bowl combine tahini, peanut butter, vanilla, and coconut milk. You may need to heat up the nut butter on low heat slightly to soften depending on the consistency.
3. In a seperate bowl combine collagen, monk fruit, almond meal, coconut flour and salt.
4. Pour liquid mixture over dry mix, and stir until evenly combined.
5. Now stir through dark chocolate.
6. Press firmly into prepared container. Leave to set for a few hours or overnight, then slice into serves.
Keeps well in the fridge for 7 days. You can keep this in the freezer too, which makes a delicious chewy option. Enjoy!